Food Preparation and Diapering
- Our food is always prepared in the kitchen which has a separate hand washing sink.
- Diapers are always changed in the designated restrooms on a diaper changing table.
- Caregivers must wear disposable gloves when changing children who are ill or when they themselves are pregnant or may become pregnant. Please click on the link below for information about Cytomegalovirus (CMV), including its risk to pregnant women.
Caregivers must use the following procedures when changing diapers:
- Collect all needed supplies at appropriate diapering area.
- Bring child to the changing area. Keep one hand on child at all times.
- Unfasten diaper, leaving it under the child, wipe to clean diapered area. Place soiled wipes and gloves in soiled diaper and fold diaper up, using tabs to secure it.
- Place new diaper under child and secure.
- Wash hands and child’s hands with soap and water. Return child to play area.
- Clean and disinfect changing area.
- Wash your hands.