- The provider shall inform parents of the types of animals permitted at the facility.
- All animals at the facility shall be clean and free of obvious disease or health problems that could adversely affect children.
- All animals at the facility shall have current immunizations for all vaccine preventable diseases that are transmissible to humans. The center shall have documentation of the vaccinations.
- There shall be no animal on the premises that has a history of dangerous, attacking, or aggressive behavior, or a history of biting even one person.
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers shall not assist with the cleaning of animals or animal cages, pens, or equipment.
- If a school age child assists in the cleaning of animals or animal equipment, the child shall wash his or her hands immediately after cleaning the animal or equipment.
- There shall be no animals or animal equipment in food preparation or eating areas.
- Children shall not handle reptiles or amphibians.