- The provider shall post a daily schedule for preschool and school-age groups. The daily schedule shall include, at a minimum, meal, snack, nap/rest, and outdoor play times.
- Daily activities shall include outdoor play if weather permits.
- The provider shall offer activities to support each child’s healthy physical, social-emotional, and cognitive-language development. The provider shall post a current activity plan for parent review listing these activities in preschool and school age groups.
- The provider shall make the toys and equipment needed to carry out the activity plan accessible to children.
- If off-site activities are offered:
- the provider shall obtain written parental consent for each activity in advance;
- caregivers shall take written emergency information and releases with them for each child in the group, which shall include:
- the child’s name;
- the parent’s name and phone number;
- the name and phone number of a person to notify in the event of an emergency if the parent cannot be contacted;
- the names of people authorized by the parents to pick up the child; and
- current emergency medical treatment and emergency medical transportation releases;
- the provider shall maintain required caregiver to child ratios and direct supervision during the activity;
- at least one caregiver present shall have a current Red Cross, American Heart Association, or equivalent first aid and infant and child CPR certification;
- caregivers shall take a first aid kit with them;
- children shall wear or carry with them the name and phone number of the center, but children’s names shall not be used on name tags, t-shirts, or other identifiers; and
- caregivers shall provide a way for children to wash their hands. If there is no source of running water, caregivers and children may clean their hands with wetwipes and hand sanitizer.
- If swimming activities are offered, caregivers shall remain with the children during the activity, and lifeguards and pool personnel shall not count toward the caregiver to child ratio.